Friday, August 21, 2009

"Table Talk" and the 5 Solas of Reformation

( been slacking again on my blogging... so these next couple of post will be me playing "catch up"!!)


It's only right, that the first week I pick up "Table Talk" (by R.C. Sproul) we dive straight into the 5 solas of Reformation: Sola fide (faith alone), Sola gratia (grace alone), Solus Christus (Christ alone), sola scriptura (Scripture Alone), and Soli Deo gloria (Glory to God Alone), and it's with these that God really put me "in check" spiritually. I've felt like I was in a "spiritual battle" and I was, I was battling against what God was really revealing to me. God has really opened my ears and heart this past month. Our pastor Bro. Wayne always delivers and powerful message from the pulpit, and for that I'm so grateful, and then two weeks ago, his son-in-law Casey preach on God's Amazing Grace... and asked the question, "Do we still find God's grace amazing? Or do we take it for granted?" His message gripped my heart and made me step back and examine myself. I'm so undeserving of His amazing grace, and as I examined myself and my heart, God sent along Table Talk to help me out! My salvation is "through faith alone, by grace alone, and on account of Christ alone- and to merit myself for any of it is robbing God of His full Glory. (Glory to God alone) Leaving Scripture alone as the final, infallible authority! I promise you, grabbing a copy of Table Talk and sitting down with 10 minutes to spare everyday, it will truly bless your life, and has with mine! Not only the article itself, but the further study scriptures at the bottom, and the publications from Pastors all over the country, have assisted in deepening my walk and passion for my Savior and Heavenly Father, and displaying God's message he's been trying to get through to me for a while! It's so worth it, it's truly blessed my life!

3 comments:

Becky said...

It is an awesome little publication! I just read the article about when to leave (or not leave) a church by Al MOhler. Here's a link for TableTalk: http://www.ligonier.org/tt.php

Halee said...

Ok.. loved that one... But Constant Struggle was pretty awesome too, it's right before the August 20th Sola Fide!

Kasey said...

Halee, very well said!